Friday, March 28, 2008

Chigurh Cookies

It's a little late... but here are the famous "Chigurh" cookies that I made for Nick's Oscar Food Party. My inspiration was Javier Bardem's character in No Country For Old Men. I did not take home the prize for best tasting OR most creative (I know!! I'm shocked too!), but I had fun making them.
The sugar cookie recipe I used will be one half of my ongoing attempt to duplicate the Lofthouse Sugar Cookies. Now that our house guests have left, I plan to try the "Wedding Cake Icing" recipe (see below) some time soon. We shall see.

Jenn H. (a friend moving out to LA) had a KitchenAid mixer shipped to my house for safekeeping until she gets here. This thing looks amazing! I don't really have the counter space (or cash) for one right now... but one day maybe I'll get one.

2 comments:

sshumans said...

these are cute! although i haven't seen the movie (i heard it was kind of scary)- it is on my netflix though.
you could make them with pumpkin cookies too if you could figure out how to get the icing meltier.

Kristen P said...

I just bought a can of Libby's pumpkin the other day so pumpkin cookies are in my near future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails