Monday, March 24, 2008

Delicious Icing...?

I've been trying to duplicate those Lofthouse Sugar Cookies (store bought) at home. I've almost figured out the cookie part, but the icing has been more elusive.

Amanda gave me this recipe for delicious icing. She said it's called "Wedding Cake Icing," but that she used them on cupcakes. I am going to try it on my cookies. Apparently it makes a shit-ton of icing, so the recipe can be reduced.

Wedding Cake Icing:
1 lb Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 sticks Butter (unsalted?) at room tempurature (not melted)
1/2 t. Vanilla

Mix (using a hand mixer) the butter with the powdered sugar. It will take a while to be incorporated but it will eventually get nice and smooth. Don't be tempted to add milk or anything! Towards the end of the mixing, add the vanilla.

It might not be wise to post a recipe before I have tried it, but I will definitely post my response to this as soon as I've fooled around with it. We've been having guests the past couple weeks so I haven't had much time to bake. I'll try to post some pictures, too!

2 comments:

sshumans said...

Yay! I am excited to have a friend here. plus i am pretty sure you and enrique are the only ones who read mine.

ENRIQUE said...

Hi Kristen! I was in Philly the last weekend and I walked on Iseminger St. It was kinda melancholic. Nice blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails