Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rice Pudding & Sunburn

Hello, there. This weekend was nice, but is over too quickly, as always.
On Saturday I made a delicious rice pudding. John ate a bite and smiled politely, but I loved it. So here is the recipe, although you'll see I did make some changes.

Rice Pudding with Raisins:
2 eggs, beaten
4 c. milk (I added an additionaly 1/2 c. or so of heavy whipping cream since I was using mostly skim milk)
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. raisins (You can make this without raisins if you prefer)
1/2 c. uncooked rice (I had no idea if I was supposed to use regular slow rice or instant. I used instant because it's all we had and it seemed to work out okay.)
1 T. butter (I used margarine)
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg (I really like nutmeg so I just sprinkled till it felt right).

Basically just mix all these ingredients together. Pour into a 2 qt dish. I used the square glass kind that is probably about 8"x8". Bake at 300 degrees for 2 and 1/2 hrs. The raisins all sunk to the bottom and the rice made a nice crispy top. Enjoy!

We also used our new BBQ set his parent's got us and grilled some steaks and shish kabobs. What is shish? They had chicken and Sara's least favorite vegetables: peppers and onions!
----
Today John and I went hiking with our friend Jenn who just moved here. We walked all the way up to the Griffith Observatory, which John and I have done before. John and Jenn decided that wasn't enough, and we continued up to the top of Mt. Hollywood (which actually isnt the mountain with the Hollywood sign, that is the next mountain over). I was dying by the time we got to the top. My feet hurt going up, and on the way down my knees felt like jello. And pain. I pretty much whined the entire way. I guess I'm supposed to be proud that we did that, but I am so sunburnt and sore right now that it sort of took the fun away from it. I didn't bring any sunblock and neither did my fellow fair-skinned friend. I am really paying for it now. Ouch.


Here's a picture of Jenn at the top of Mt. Hollywood (I hope she doesn't mind me posting it!). I hope it looks as high as it really was.

Check out my recipe on
Rice Pudding With Raisins on FoodistaRice Pudding With Raisins

1 comment:

John said...

I really liked the rice pudding, but you devoured it and I was too involved in my George Bush book to think about anything else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails