Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Got this recipe from www.sparkrecipes.com, and it is fabulous! I've made it twice in 2 weeks and Johnny loves it as much as I do. You can top it with whatever you like. I used pizza sauce, onions (lots), bell peppers, grilled chicken, avocado, tomato and mozzarella cheese, of course. The second time I made it I just used peppers, chicken, onions and it was also the bomb.

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. dry active yeast
3/4 t. salt (I use a little less and it tastes fine, but I am also watching my sodium)
1 c. warm water
1 T. olive oil
1 t. honey

Combine flour, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add the water, oil and honey and mix well.
Cover with a moist cloth and let sit in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to rise.
Punch down and press the dough onto a lightly greased 14" pizza pan. Add the ingredients you love and bake in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

ssHUMANs said...

is pizza crust hard? i always want to attempt, but get worried when things call for yeast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails