Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meatloaf Muffins

I found this recipe on SparkPeople, and I made it before to those specifications, with ground
beef, etc, and they were so delicious. I made them again last night, with a few of my own tweaks:


  • I substituted the lean ground beef for lean ground turkey (Jennie-O)
  • I substituted the 1 c. stewed tomatoes with 1 c. canned diced tomatoes (low-sodium kind)
  • I just used a few dashes of salt.
  • Also, the Ralph's brand of seasoned bread crumbs report way less sodium than I've found for traditional seasoned bread crumbs. Not sure if that's a glitch.
I worked these out* to be a little over 100 calories a piece. They're pretty yummy. If you make the beef version, you really can omit the heavy cream and they're still so yummy.

Here's what I'm having for lunch today, and this comes in at a whopping 275 calories... not bad!
*Please note: my calculations might not be exact, but they are pretty good estimates, based on accurate nutrition information for all of the ingredients I used, and divided by 12 (the number of muffins this recipe makes). Some of the carbs/fiber/sugar info might not be exactly right, because when it started getting into small decimal numbers, I just rounded the numbers.

2 comments:

Maverick said...

Nice site, dude. I'm a veg and even I think those muffins look good. Can you follow my blog so we don't look like such big losers? http://onthelevels.blogspot.com/

Maverick said...

Nice site, dude. I'm a veg and even I think those muffins look good. Can you follow my blog so we don't look like such big losers? http://onthelevels.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails