Friday, July 24, 2009

Monkey Peeler

Last month I blogged about several As Seen on TV products that I found to be a little useless, including something called the Rotato Express, which is, essentially, a potato peeler. I've been peeling a lot of potatoes (and yams) lately, so I thought I'd share my peeler of choice.

I first became aware of this peeler when my brother and his wife asked for it on their wedding registry. I thought it was too cute, and immediately added it to my own "registry" (AKA my Amazon Wishlist). Lo and behold, my mom sent me it and a few other treasures for my birthday last September (thanks, Mom).

I was a little nervous, because my friend Jenn, who used to work at Kohl's, said a lot of people returned their peelers because the metal part came loose from the monkey's arms. Luckily, this hasn't happened to me. My monkey peeler makes quick work of peeling potatoes. I think the handle is the best part, because it allows you to hold the potato more upright, and I peel potatoes 3x as fast than with my old peeler.

If you're looking for a good peeler, I reccommend buying something like the monkey or one with a similarly designed handle, like this:

This is the sort of peeler I was operating with previously:

NEVER AGAIN!



4 comments:

jhnjmn said...

But...what about...mon...key...key...chain????

Maverick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maverick said...

The peeler marked "never again" is the exact peeler I have. Wtf, man?

Kristen P said...

And don't you HATE peeling potatoes/other things with it? I used to own that one and it SUCKED! It's still in my drawer somewhere, collecting dust as it is meant to.

Related Posts with Thumbnails