Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm not really into this whole cupcake phenomenon, but I do enjoy a Sprinkles or Crumbs cupcake once in a while. I really enjoy Sprinkles' recipe for cream cheese icing and I use it on most of my recipes. Below is a picture of some red velvet Sprinkles cupcakes I made from a mix over a year ago... I just found the pics. Sprinkles' mix is not as simple as using a Betty Crocker mix. There are a lot more steps and the mix costs $14! In the end, it works out to be a little cheaper to make them yourself, unless you don't think you could eat an entire dozen anyway.

*Sprinkles* Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, soft
1 stick of butter, soft
1/8 t. salt
4 c. confectioners sugar, sifted
1 t. vanilla

Beat the cream cheese and butter with the salt until fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread onto cakes/cupcakes with a spatula starting from the center and pushing out to the edges.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails