Friday, June 18, 2010

Wedding Test Kitchen, round 1: Blueberry Muffins

A very dear friend of mine is getting married this August! She and her fiancé are having a Camping Matrimonial Extravaganza, and as part of the CME-Team (I will be the officiant at their wedding), I told her I would test out some recipes for the rapidly-approaching CME weekend.

I made these blueberry muffins this week. They turned out awesome. The only thing I did a little differently was only make six muffins, then I took the rest of the batter and poured it into a 9x9 greased pyrex dish, to make a blueberry bread. After it cooled on a wire rack for a bit, I did notice some "holes" where the brown sugar seemed to sink in to the bread. I didn't really mind as it made the bread super moist. The bread did need to bake about 3-5 minutes longer than the muffins, or until a toothpick comes out clean. You know the drill.

4 comments:

ssHUMANs said...

Thanks. Did you use a muffin pan or a regular cupcake pan? I can't decide between break and muffins.
I was thinking we could have these for breakfast on Saturday.

akpsychgirl said...

Yum! Looks good.

escapefrombk said...

Those look delightful. I like the blog this recipe is from, too bad she never posts anymore. Last summer I became obsessed with making this all the time: http://www.omnomicon.com/how-to-make-labneh

prettyface7 said...

Oh my, but that looks delicious. Could I just order some of those? Let me mention again that pregnancy has made me lazy. I want the muffins, but don't want to do the work. ;-)
Perhaps my energy will return and I can make these! Mouth watering!

Related Posts with Thumbnails