Friday, July 9, 2010

Rosemary Popovers

Popovers are the ultimate comfort food, for me at least. My mom used to make them all the time when I was little. They were the only thing she didn't burn, which I say affectionately.
I recently decided to add some rosemary to the traditional recipe and I loved it. They're just slightly doughy on the inside, i.e., perfect.

1 c. milk
2 eggs
1 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 T. melted butter (sometimes I use olive oil)
1 sprig rosemary, leaves pulled off

Mix the ingredients on a low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping the bowl as you go. Divide the batter evenly into 8 well-greased and floured muffin cups. Put the pan into a cold oven and set it to 450. After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 350 and cook for an additional 25 minutes. The popovers will be golden brown and puffy. Cut a slit into the side of each popover. Serve warm with extra butter, says my mom. There's really no nutritional value to these guys, but, before the additional butter you slather on, they're about 100 calories apiece, so not too bad.
Check out my recipe on 
Popovers With Rosemary on Foodista

5 comments:

ssHUMANs said...

I am not familiar with the popover, but do they include any kind of dunking sauce?

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Dunking sauce = butter

ducksrfriends said...

These look so tasty!!

jordan said...

Mmm, those look good! I don't think I've ever made popovers before...these could be dangerous. :)

smoochkins said...

Hey, found this in Foodista! I've never tried making popovers either but they sure do look so tempting! Def a comfort food. Anyway, is there anything you could suggest that I can use instead of rosemary? I know you've just tried adding the rosemary, just wondering if there's any other thing you have in mind that i can add aside from this one..

Cheers,
Amy @ Foodista

Related Posts with Thumbnails