Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Candy Corn Cookies

Here's my modified version of these Betty Crocker Candy Corn Cookies. Candy Corn is very weird. It seems to be one of those polarizing candies - you either love it or hate it. I am one of the haters. Like olives, every year I make myself TRY candy corn, thinking maybe my tastes buds will have adapted. Nope. I figure I'm not missing out on much ... just some extra refined sugar that I already don't need. Either way, candy corn is super cute and I was excited to make these sugar cookies.
I followed the linked recipe, except I skipped the chocolate and just dyed that part yellow. It's more traditional that way. I tried to include some pictures (click them to enlarge) that might better explain the process because I think the instructions on the BC site can be a little confusing since they don't provide visuals. Some of my candy corns looked a little deformed, but they still taste good. One way to make them look more corn-like is to use a knife or spatula to reshape any blobby looking ones as soon as they come out of the oven. Also, because it's hard to tell on the BC site, let me warn you that these cookies are very small. I'd say slightly larger than animal crackers. So when you're cutting them from the dough slices, don't be worried that you're doing something wrong. The uncooked candy corns will be around the size of a quarter.
finished product!

         
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails