Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

decided to add the little Sprinkles
dots to cover my mistakes 

For the first time in three or four years, I actually have plans for Halloween, or at least the night before.  Going out on a Sunday night might be a little too wild for me, so Saturday it is!
This year I'm going to be Antoine Dodson for Halloween. I hope my costume looks awesome, people recognize me, and we all have lots of fun. We're going to have a small group of people over here before heading to a bar for karaoke. I made some pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing. I am in no way a professional decorator, but I think these look cute!

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing (courtesy Sprinkles):
  • 8 oz cold cream cheese
  • 1 stick unsalted butter (firm, but not cold)
  • 3 3/4 c. powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. vanilla

In a mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, salt and cinnamon on medium-low for a few minutes until creamy and smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar as you beat the mixture on low speed. Once all the sugar is incorporated, add the vanilla and beat just until everything is combined. Do not overbeat. 

2 comments:

A said...

those look so cute praz! i want one. happy halloween!

jordan said...

Cute! Where are the Antoine pictures??? :D I saw that and cracked up...my boyfriend wanted me to tell you, "I hope she remembered to hide her wife and kids on Halloween." ;P

Related Posts with Thumbnails