Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pie the People, For the People

We're having a pretty small group of people over for Thanksgiving this year, and I couldn't decide which pumpkin pie to make, so I thought I'd create a poll and let my guests help me choose. So it seems that, with the exception of a mysterious participant named "Turkey Cake," most of my guests prefer I make Betty's Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce, with Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie coming in a close second. I voted for the P. Deen pie myself, but mostly because that seems to be one that I could easily make a day or two ahead. 
And the winner is...


I'm a little wary to make another pumpkin cheesecake, because I did that two years ago and it didn't seem to be that popular. It could have been because there were multiple pie options, or maybe it just wasn't that good. Either way, this is a new year, and a new recipe. So Pumpkin Cheesecake it is!


Are you searching for some pumpkin pie alternatives? I will also be making Sara's Mom's Pumpkin Cookies, which are always a hit. Or you could bake up some Pumpkin Half Moon Pie Pockets, which are easy to assemble and even easier to gorge yourself on. You could also try the recipe that got the least amount of votes in my poll (sorry, Nick): Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Walnut Streusel. Looks good to me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails