Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carrot Cake Oatmeal


This oatmeal is really delicious and broke me out of my "dreading the morning oatmeal" funk. We all know oatmeal is good for us, but it can also be sort of bland and boring, depending on how it's prepared. Between this and the pumpkin pie oatmeal, I am no longer "afraid" of my morning oats.
I've made this variation twice and the pumpkin pie oatmeal once. Every time I make a big batch so I have plenty of oatmeal throughout the week. I've learned that it's better to add the raisins directly to the oatmeal mixture, instead of just as a garnish. If you add during the last minute of cooking, that is perfect. They plump up just a bit and help to sweeten the oatmeal. The second time I used both regular and golden raisins, which was nice. I have never made it using the nuts, as the recipe calls for. I would have the first time, but didn't realize until I was halfway through the recipe that my pantry was completely out of nuts. And since I didn't miss them the first go around, I decided to omit them the second time, too. Nuts are expensive these days.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails