Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jolly Lollies

I originally saw these lollies on a great blog called "The Decorated Cookie," and I wanted to try making them immediately!


All you do is arrange Jolly Ranchers in whatever formation you want (though, be warned, they will not come out perfect) on a parchment lined baking sheet, and melt in the oven at 275 degrees for 6-10 minutes. You need to keep an eye on them depending on your oven and how many Jolly Ranchers you use. While the candy is still melted, roll a candy stick on top so that it is coated by the candy, and let cool.


I used a bag of original JR as well as tropical. It was fun mixing the different colors/flavors together. Optionally, you can try crushing the candies and putting them together for a more melty-mosaic look, but I liked the color blocks the best.

2 comments:

escapefrombk said...

This would be a great way to keep kids busy for a while and sugared up.

It reminds me of this classic Sandra Lee gem, "stained glass" cookies. Some of the reviews on here are hilarious: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/stained-glass-wreath-cookies-recipe/index.html

Chic Cookies said...

These look fantastic! Thanks for my link :). And I had to read some of the comments on that Sandra Lee link above, too, and chuckled. Phew. Clearly mine is A-OK!

Related Posts with Thumbnails