Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Greek Yogurt Popsicles

These are super easy to make. I can't remember when I decided I wanted to try to make a Greek yogurt popsicle - I think I had thought of it around the time I was reminiscing over Jell-O Pudding Pops, an old lunch-time staple of mine during middle school. 

I was so not a fan of Greek yogurt the first time I tried it. But once I added fruit and honey to it, I came around, and now we are BFFs. For this attempt, I used peach preserves from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, TN instead of just peaches and honey. I wanted to find a use for some of my $12 jam besides just slathering it on some toast, which is what I'll surely be doing with the rest of it.  But anyway, you can go ahead and use some honey and whatever fruit you like - perhaps blueberries, Sara? I used a 6 ounce container of Greek yogurt plus my jam to make two popsicles, but I stuffed them in pretty good. Be careful when you pull these out of the molds - run them under some warm water and they should pop right out, but you know nothing ever goes perfect for me. They are creamy and yummy - a cool protein-filled summertime snack!


I have this crazy idea stuck in my head that I want to make Sangria popsicles... 

3 comments:

jordan said...

Looks yummy! I love greek yogurt. I have also made my own frozen yogurt (similar to pinkberry) using greek yogurt in an ice cream maker.

greenplatedinners.com said...

Oooh! These look great! Perfect for hot days =)

escapefrombk said...

Those look great! I need a popsicle mold to make crazy pop combos. I saw a recipe somewhere recently for sweet corn and basil popsicles. Weird, I know, but it sounds awesome to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails