Monday, November 28, 2011

Scallops with Salsa d’Acciughe e Rosmarino

Okay... I guess I should be upfront and honest here, since you're going to find out in a few moments anyway when you read this recipe...
The translation of the above Italian = ANCHOVY SAUCE.
And, no, I am not a fan of anchovies. But this sauce is delish, especially on some pan seared scallops. Mine (pictured) did get a very good sear because I'm pretty sure they had phosphates added, even though I specifically asked the fish dude if they were and he said NO. They were still good, I just had to contend with a lot of milky water invading the pan. I learned how to make this sauce in a recent cooking class. 
  • 1 can of anchovy filets
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 2 lemons
  • 4 T. rosemary leaves
  • 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil 
In a food processor, emulsify all of the anchovy fillets, then add the garlic, the zest of both lemons and the rosemary. Process until very well chopped, and then drizzle in the olive oil, slowly. Add the juice of at least one lemon. Then, taste and add more garlic or the juice of the other lemon if need be.

Spoon over the scallops, or put on any fish, pasta or bread!

2 comments:

escapefrombk said...

These look good! I'm afraid of cooking scallops at home...especially the questionable quality of scallops sold in landlocked Tennessee. What kind of cooking classes are you taking?

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Hey thanks - I've just taken a few (maybe like 4 at this point?) classes from HipCooks here in LA. The teacher said you can feel free to use frozen scallops, just get the biggest ones you can find and make sure there aren't phosphates added. That's the weird stuff that leaked out and I'm sure added all this extra weight to my scallops making it cost a bundle. But they were still tasty :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails