Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bacon-wrapped Sausage-stuffed Dates

I had a nice dinner out with my friend Amy back in December. Everything we ate was delicious, but most of all we loved the Spanish Stuffed Dates, which are dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with chorizo.
Here's my version... just as good if I do say so myself (and much cheaper!):
  • 1 package of pitted dates
  • 1 lb of bacon slices, cut in half
  • 1/4 lb (maybe even less?) spicy sausage or chorizo
  • toothpicks
Cut the dates with a pair of shears so that they are "butterflied." Put about half a teaspoon of uncooked sausage in the date and snap shut. Wrap with half a slice of bacon and close with a toothpick. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat, turning as needed, until bacon is cooked. My photo is not very good and they do look a little charred, but they were perf. And the sausage inside cooks fine, no worries.

2 comments:

ssHUMANs said...

this looks so delicious.
if you were the kind of person to watch the superbowl, these would be a good snack!

jhnjmn said...

These were really good. Nice mix of sweet and savory.

Related Posts with Thumbnails