Monday, January 30, 2012

French Toast Egg Bake

I make egg bake/casserole type dishes a lot. They were big in my family, so I tend to gravitate towards these dishes whether sweet or savory. I made this on a whim recently because I had some leftover cinnamon bread that I didn't want to go bad. I layered the rest of my bread (about 6 slices) in a sprayed bread pan, along with some dried cherries, pecans or walnuts and a bit of brown sugar crumbled over it. Mix a few eggs and some milk (there is really no exact recipe for this, I make it differently every time) and pour over your bread. Drizzle some maple syrup if desired. Cover and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. Pop in the oven in the morning for about 20-30 minutes at 375, until eggs are set.
Slice and drizzle with maple or berry syrup (my favorite). 
Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails