Thursday, April 12, 2012

National Grilled Cheese Day - April 12th

image courtesy of Punchbowl.com
I know what I'm making for dinner tonight! Even though a grilled cheese really only requires bread, butter and cheese, it can be so much more. And the combinations are endless. Some of my favorites include tomato, egg, goat cheese, bacon, avocado, apple (but not all of these in one!).

I've been to the Pop Shop in Collingswood, NJ a couple times. They specialize in grilled cheese and even took on Bobby Flay in one of his Throwdowns. The best thing I have eaten there was a grilled cheese made on a Philly pretzel... not a pretzel roll. The entire pretzel was cut in half and it worked well because Philly pretzels have practically no space between the dough, if that makes any sense. 

Who doesn't love grilled cheese? I better not see anyone raising their hands...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails