Saturday, June 30, 2012

Still here!

I have been too busy to blog, but I'm still cooking and baking!  Here's a lovely scallion pancake stuffed with shiitake mushrooms. This is probably one of the best things I've made in 2012. 
(serves 6, but I usually want 2 so this serves me and John with enough for me to have leftovers the next day, which reheat surprisingly well)


Batter:1 cup flour
¼ cups milk
1 egg
¼ oz melted butter
a pinch of sea salt
1 bunch scallions, chopped



Blend all the ingredients and let rest in your refrigerator, covered, for at least an hour. Make these crepes style in a pan with plenty of butter. 


Filling:
~12 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 T sesame oil
½ T soy sauce½ T balsamic vinegar
hoisin sauce

Sauté the mushrooms in sesame oil, adding the soy sauce and vinegar when the pan looks dry. I just stuff the pancakes omelet style, folding over on itself and drizzled with hoisin sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails